Tuesday, February 18, 2014

1/28/14

Well, I couldnt find Tanners email address today so I guess he wont be getting a letter. Whoops! But I forgot to let you know that I wouldnt be able to write you yesterday because we had a conference with Pres. Rogers and his wife yesterday and had to change our pday. 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 You will be turning 4! I cant believe it. What a big boy. Happy birthday little friend! I hope you have a lot of fun and eat a lot of yummy cake! I love you and I miss you buddy. :)
Today we went to the beach again, to a statue that overlooks the city. It was a lot of fun! We and all of the other hermanas went and took like a billion pictures. Good times! :)

This week my companion and I made pancakes. It took work to find all of the stuff but it was so worth it! Thanks for the recipe mom :). Also this week my companion and I went on a ¨date¨. We did our weekly planning in one of the nicest places here-- a gas station. But it had air conditioning and everything and food we could order that included french fries. Oh it had been so long! I didn´t think I would miss french fries but there you have it. I have to admit that one of the things I miss the most here is variety in food. They have about 4 meals that they eat over and over again and that is also all that they sale in the stores here too. But its all good. We had french fries and pancakes this week!

So my companion and I get along so well. It is super nice! I know that the Lord knew we needed eachother and we are really enjoying our time together. 

It still takes so much work for me to connect with the people here but this week has been better. With the language barrier I really have to put forth effor to get to know the people and I would have thought that by now I could do it really easy. Ha, ya right! But this week I have put forth more effort and it has been so good! The people here are so great. I love them! Our ward especially. The bishop is so excited and hard working and has gotten a whole bunch of workshops started in the ward to bring in investigators. Its a lot of fun!

This week in my personal study I was reading a conferene talk by Elder Holland that talked about Peter´s experience when he saw Christ walking on the waters towards him and the other disciples in their boat. He left the boat and started walking towards Christ. He was able to do so as he looked at Christ. But when he let himself look away and focus on the large waves of the sea he sunk into the sea and had to be saved by the hand of the Savior. He compared this story to us. If we keep ourselves and our lives focused on the Savior, even when we are faced with storms, we will be able to walk on the water :). We can do it with the help of the Savior, no matter how large the waves are. And if by chance we fall, He will pull us up again and out of the water. How amazing that is! And it is true. This week when I have felt a little frustrated or overwhelmed I remember the Savior and I can do whatever it is I need to do because I know that even if I screw up in some way or do something imperfectly, through the atonement of Jesus Christ I can fix my errors. How wonderful that is! It is the cushion that catches us when we fall from whatever height. I love the Savior and I am so grateful for His sacrifice for me! 

Well, I could write forever but I had better not. I love you all very much! Have a super great week!
Love, 
Hermana Kuhn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment