Tuesday, February 18, 2014

1/20/14

Wow, I dont even know  where to start. So much has happened this week its incredible! One week ago today I was about to load a bus from Trelew to Puerto Madryn, super nervous about what was in store ahead. But I got here and saw my new companion and immediately I felt the Spirit and knew this is where I am supposed to be.
When they called us last week I heard that my companions name was hermana young but i heard wrong. they later told me that her name is hermana judd. And then I remembered a super great hermana judd that I had met when I came down to Argentina. I remember thinking that she was like perfect .she already spoke spanish because her mom was from chile and she was super friendly. Well, its the same Hermana Judd. She has been a missionary for 8 months but was waiting for  her visa in Louisiana for a few months and came down with my group. She is so great! She teaches with the Spirit, is always looking for opportunities to serve, and is always just so nice to me. And she speaks English! Heavenly Father knew just what I needed right now. As soon as I got here to Puerto Madryn and entered the apartment I felt the Spirit so strong and it was an overwhelming calm.  In that moment I realized that I had had a dream  early on in Trelew. I hadnt remembered it the morning after but remembered it the moment I entered our apartment in Madryn.  I dont think I knew who i was talking to in my dream, but someone asked me if I would be willing to  take the hardest part of my mission first. And I said yes. I had to think about it first but I said yes, Id rather have it early rather than later. And though it may have just been a dream, I am not sure. It could be that someone really had asked me if I would be willing to take what I did and I was willing. I am not going to lie--things were a little tricky in Trelew because I was new, opening a new area, and experiencing the holidays. But I learned SO much and truly am so grateful for all the experiences that I had. Heavenly Father knew I could handle it. At times I think I barely could but He helped me do it and learn some things that I really needed to learn. And now I hope to use the things I learned and become a much better missionary. My companion is teaching me all kinds of things too. For one, just to LOVE the people and to look for any way to serve them, even if at times it means sacrificing my own comfort. And also to just talk positively about myself. If I say I can do something, then I can do it. And guess what, I feel like I can do a whole lot right now. Thank you Hermana Judd! She really is the best. I am so grateful for my companion! And you want to hear something crazy? At the end of this transfer I will have been out for 6 months. 6 months. Can you believe it? I sure cant. Time flies by.
But truly, I love Puerto Madryn. The people here are so great. Our bishop wants to help the ward be super converted so bad and he is working so hard. The ward is getting really excit ed too and jumping right in.  We have some great investigators-- one named Marida  who has been investigating for a year and comes from B ol ivia. She is like  40 years old and really quite timid but super sweet. She knews everything and has a testimony too but just hasnt quite commited to baptism yet. I love her! and all of the less active members and other investigators that we have visited. :)
Best of all, I have actually felt the Spirit work through me a couple of times this last week. I testified of the power of prayer the other day and really felt that I was saying what the Lord wanted me to say. That is the best feeling! And I am so grateful for it.
This week I have thought a lot about the temple again. At one point I just  I wanted to go to the temple with my family and  right then. The temple is my favorite. But I realized that when I get back I will be able to go to the temple and at the same time there might be someone else somewhere in Argentina who will have the opportunity to do the same because of my efforts. That will be the best feeling ever! I cant wait! And I may never know of the individuals who will get to go to the temple through my efforts but surely some day somewhere they will help someone receive the blessings of the temple. I hope! That is all I really want. Everything is totally worth it for that.
I am so grateful for this work. I am so grateful for the the Lord´s love for us and that because of His love he has sent us the blessings of His restored church-- including a prophet in our day, a temple, and all of the ordinances that we can make with Him. We have the Book of Mormon and have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I can´t say how grateful I am for those things. They are or back up everything that is really of importance in my life. The Lord has blessed me with so much. I love Him! He is watching over me and He loves me. He loves His other children too and He is letting me help them. Man, things are really good.
I have learned this week too that sometimes we just have to have faith. Nobody knows everything. (Even as a missionary of the Lord I dont know everything (you all know that)), but every worthy person can feel the Holy Ghost. Sometimes we just need to not think about everything that we hear or read but rather just focus on the way we feel. And then we will truly know. Then we see with our Spiritual eyes and not just our natural eyes. Then we can understand the way the Lord sees and men cant. And that is how we really learn.
Well, I love you family and friends! Have a great week.
Love, Hermana Kuhn     
haha oh ya p.s. my companion told me I talked in my sleep last night. IN SPANISH!! Whoot. It´s official. I have hit the dreaming in Spanish stage. Sweet!                   



No comments:

Post a Comment