Thursday, December 12, 2013

11/25/13

Wow, this week was super crazy! Super hard but super good at the same time. I dont really know where to start....
first, we hope to move into our apartment later on today. If not, it may be a few more days because we have a lot going on the next few days with another conference and companionship exchanges but it will definitely be this week. Crazy right?
Second, I didnt get on until super late today because everything was closed for some kind of holiday and just barely got access to computers. Did I mention that they have a siesta here and they sleep for like 4 or 5 hours in the middle of every day? Its insane! I dont know how they do it but just about everything is closed for several hours anywhere between 12 and 6. It makes the contacting that we are doing a lot of pretty tricky. 
So, this is terrible but I cant remember when Thanksgiving is? Was it this week or is it this coming week? Whenever it is I hope everyone has a great one! Whenever I think of Thanksgiving, I think of the big old Andrus clan :). Love it! I would like to take a moment to celebrate the season and say that I am SO grateful for my wonderful family-- my amazing parents and my great brothers and sisters. I am so grateful for the incomparable extended family that I have on both sides and for the examples that they have been for me throughout my whole life. How lucky I have been to grow up surrounded by the examples I have! I am realizing more and more that family is everything and I can´t say how blessed I have been with my family. I love you all! I am grateful for the United States and how clean and organized and law-abiding it is. Love it! I am so grateful. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the help He is providing me with everyday. I am so grateful that I can pray to Him and that He answers prayers. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His atonement. I am grateful that every burden I have can be made light through Him and that even when I do silly things, I can repent and still receive the blessings He has promised-- like an eternal family one day. I am grateful that I get to serve the Lord at this time even though it probably the hardest thing I have ever done, I have grown closer to the Lord and been able to help some of His children. 
That leads me to talk a little about what I experienced this week-- 
So first, it is a toss up between this week and the first week to decide which week was the hardest for me but its been brutal. I have been super homesick. I have just been thinking about the holidays and the snow, and the family that I am missing and I just almost start to cry everytime I look at a single one of my posessions because they remind me of home. I have never had my heart split so in two as it is right now. I want to be home and think of home all of the time but I know that I am supposed to be here and I do want to be here too so I know that I cant think of the family all the time or I am going to go crazy. So, I have hid pictures of the family for the last few days and things have been a little bit easier. I almost feel like I am abandoning my family by doing that but I also know that I need to dedicate my whole heart, might, mind and strength. Oh it has been killing me! But know family that even when I am not thinking about you I still love you and want to be with you!
Next, this week we had to drop an investigator and it was the saddest thing ever. She just couldn´t get over that she didn´t want to ¨change her religion¨. So, we had to say goodbye. I bore my testimony to her and just started crying because I could feel my Heavenly Fathers love for her and it just killed me a little inside.
But on the other hand, we had a super neat experience this week! The first week we accidentally met a less active woman who was having problems with her daughter. We found out later that her daughter has tried to take her life several times and so this week we had the Elders in our ward give her a priesthood blessing. The next day and everyday since she has been a completely new person! It has been crazy! We have been teaching her ever since and the atonement is just working wonders in her life. She is so happy now and so grateful for the missionaries (us) who have been teaching her. It has been the coolest thing ever to see! She has agreed to be baptized Dec. 14th! Yay! We are super excited for her!
Ok I have a lot more I could write but no more time. Love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!
Hermana Kuhn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment