Thursday, December 12, 2013

12/2/13


 
So...this week was crazy and honestly quite stressful. But, I think things have just about settled down. This week we moved, had a huge conference with one of the seventy which I suddenly had to perform a musical number for, had companion exchanges, and finally transfers. No surprise, I am staying with my companion for at least another transfer! I am totally ok with that, especially since we just barely moved into our apartment and got settled in this week.  But our district leader Elder Jara left this morning for a new location. He is one of the best missionaries I have ever seen. We are really going to miss him and his example. He has helped me out a whole ton when I have had rough days. God speed Elder Jara!
They dont celebrate Thanksgiving here but we were fortunate enough to eat lunch with a family here on Thanksgiving day that prepared those little purple circle things (cant remember the name) that grandma makes every year for Thanksgiving. Oh, what an awesome little simple mercy! They next day too we got invited to an Asado- a giant barbecue- with the Elders too. More or less, we had our own little Thanksgiving celebration. And I took time to tell my companion everything I am grateful for :). Poor soul has to listen to me all the time. Also on Thanksgiving we visited our progressing investigator Ayulen. She said the closing prayer for the first time ever and I just started to cry a little. In that moment, I was so grateful that I am here in Argentina even on Thanksgiving. I mean really, I will only be here for 2 Thanksgivings and 2 Christmases. I will be able to spend the holidays in the United States (and hopefully with my family) for the rest of my life. (Yay!) But, it was so rewarding to remember that she is the reason I am here. She prayed fervent thanks for the atonement in her life and for the missionaries that taught her about it :), for the knowledge that more awaits her and the future and the hope that she now has in her life. I am so grateful for that simple mercy that the Lord sent me this Thanksgiving. She thanks me again and again every time I see her.
But, I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving surrounded by their loved ones, remembering how much we truly have. The Lord sure blesses us! I always take what I have for granted but I am grateful for the opportunity I had to remember what I do have this past week.
The last few weeks I have received several letters by mail from President Wixom. I cannot say how grateful I am for those letters and thoughts! They have been just what I needed a time or two. And how sweet of him to think of me. Thank you President Wixom! You are always so thoughtful!
Well, we are still doing a whole lot of contacting as far as the work goes and I as always I still get frustrated far too easily all the time but things are good. As of right now I am just trying my best and know that the Lord has promised to make up for the rest. We still have Ayulen however :). She is our one progressing investigator who has a baptismal date set for later this month (wow, I forget that its December! How weird is that!) She is so great! As I said before, she is so grateful for the atonement in her life and has turned a new page. It makes me so happy to know that my companion and I were able to be the messengers to bring her the great news and joy she has in her life. Yay for missionary work! Although it can be stressful those sweet moments are ever so sweet. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and the work He is helping me do. And I know that He is listening to my pathetic prayers and helping me along. I need to rely on Him more all the time but I know He loves all of His children. A few times this week I have been privileged to feel the love He has for some of His children and it has really struck me. I think of the love I have for my mom and that I am pretty sure she returns for me. Then I think that the Lord has that same love, even greater, for everyone of His children even when they reject Him and it makes me SO grateful. I love Him very much and am so grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ.
All in all, I know I am probably a very poor missionary but I feel blessed to have been called to this work. Happy December everybody! I love you all!
Hermana Kuhn

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment